Sunday, May 14, 2006

Moonstone Beach or Kale meets the Ocean

We all headed over to Moonstone beach today. For those of you who don't know this is my childhood favourite beach and also where Keva and I got married. The weather was gorgeous and sunny so the beach was crowded with lots of families. We had fun lazing around and Kale dipped his toes in the water (well actually up to the crotch of his diaper). Kale was really good about not eating the sand but when he got tired and wanted to nurse he rubbed sand in his eyes, which hurt, so he rubbed some more sand in. Pretty quickly we had a very upset baby. Much screaming and baby wipes later we had decreased the amount of sand on his face and gotten him calm enough to feed. After that he played on various laps until we were ready to head out. I thought the beach was a perfect place to spend my Mother's Day afternoon. The only drawback was I couldn't be wearing my new Mother's Day Sushi PJ's. (After many long years the original pair had worn thin and a few weeks ago there was a loud tearing noise as I sat down. We now have sushi rags that make me sad everytime I see them so this was a very very welcome gift. Thanks Keva and Kale.)


Dad and I watching the festivities



Mom and Kale playing in the water.


Mom and Rod digging in the sand.


Kale going between all fours and sitting over and over again. Not quite crawling.



Kale and Uncle Gordon chilling out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that brings back memories. I miss you three like crazy. Our little one is doing more impressive feats, like rolling over and 'talking' with us every single day.

Much love from the US, on a holiday weekend.