Sunday, July 16, 2006

Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge

We went hiking! Go us! And we remembered our camera! Go us! We didn't charge the batteries...Whooops.

The Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge is a popular destination for short hikes here in the Vancouver area. The bridge and the first 15 minutes of trails were quite crowded but once we got further out it was a little quieter and quite lovely in the shade along the river.

Before you cross the bridge there are graphic warning signs about the currents in the water, the risk of jumping into the pools, the dangers of undertow and the like. There were also numerous memorials to people who died jumping off the bridge and rocks into the river. Despite that there were people jumping off the rocks into the water and I couldn't even watch. There were crowds of people watching and clapping but it just turned my stomach. I guess I don't have the daredevil gene.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

No kidding... My father, sister, and husband are going sky diving this weekend. I think they're nuts!