Saturday, May 05, 2007

Tigerente

Our next door neighbours are moving across the country next week. They had a garage sale this morning so we headed over. We were checking to see if they were selling their basketball hoop. It lives in the lane behind our house and we were going to miss it. We scored the hoop, and a deep freeze (yipppeee) and then saw a Tigerente (tiger duck in English). I haven't ever seen a Tigerente outside of Germany so I was completely floored. For those of you who don't know the tiger duck is a pull toy in the illustrations of children's author Janosch. When I lived in Germany the Tigerente was sort of the hello kitty of Germany. I wore a Tigerente necklace an had friends with Tigerente cars. Apparently our neighbours brother lived/s in Germany and made this when her girls were little. I couldn't resist....

No comments: